Thursday, February 15, 2007

Small Administrative details

Hello, this is Will Burghart, the grader.

Since the first exam is coming up, I just wanted to let the students know that my office hours are 10-11 MTWR, and that my office (desk) is located in Read Basement room 1. Just go to the bottom of the stairs, through the door, take a right into the large common room, take another right into the small alcove partially blocked by screens, and my desk is the barest one of the five. The best way to contact me outside office hours is through email (wdburg@gmail.com), though I am normally in Read basement between 12 and 1 weekdays.

For something a little more fun, those who have looked at the Culture of Fear book (or watched Bowling for Columbine) know that the media tends to exagerate the dangers of certain events/substances/trends. Here is an amusing example, dealing with the Nintendo DS.